Tuesday 14 October 2014

Yamaha Virago Bobber

I've been admiring the bobber look bikes just recently and thought I could do a half decent job of one. So, first port of call... eBay!!

Bought this job!


Although the bike wasn't in too bad condition, the engine didn't really run properly, no tax or mot... why did I buy it? Well I wanted something that I could really strip back and put my own mark on, so I only needed the bare basics to work with.

I got the engine running better after finding a problem with the vacuum system preventing proper fuel distribution.



I've now replaced the rear shocks with rigid struts and slammed the rear end right down. Effectively its now a hard tail. The rear guard has been chopped and shaped to follow the back wheel, much more bad ass!! The card has been re-jetted to accommodate the new K&N style air filter and the new flow friendly turn out pipes ;) more on that later though.








No comments:

Post a Comment