Monday 13 October 2014

Asea Robot (new toy)

Well another eBay impulse buy... I saw this little fellow up for auction and had to have it! This is 1 one of the first robots from ASEA, which later went on to become ABB robots. The IRB6 (this model) is a 6 axis robot arm designed to automate manual tasks within manufacturing. This particular machine was used as a robot welder though I'm not sure where and how it was used.

It arrived to me a looking a little neglected and feeling sorry for itself


A little elbow grease later and its looking a lot more presentable:



Currently, the control doesn't work properly and the fault lies somewhere within here:


This is just part of the wardrobe sized control cabinet!!! (I love 80's electronics!) Sadly I haven't yet found the problem inside the control, so this guy just serves as an elaborate ornament in my workshop :)






No comments:

Post a Comment